Friday, June 09, 2006

Spring Photoblogging I

Most people see the Don Valley as a blighted, disturbed place, filled with roads and highways, rife with non-native plants, most of them invasive. But if you look carefully you can still find pockets of beauty. On my various travels this spring I took a number of photos of native wildflowers. Some of these photos were taken only steps away from highways or buildings but to me I couldn't have cared, I always imagined myself deep in the woods. Click on any photo to see the full close-up. Watch for Spring Photoblogging II for more pictures...


White Baneberry (Actaea pachypoda)



Bloodroot (Sanguinaria canadensis)


Columbine (Aquilegia canadensis)


Common Strawberry (Fragaria virginiana)


Jack-in-the-pulpit (Arisaema atrorubens)


Poison Ivy (Toxicodendron radicans)

No comments: