Monday, April 24, 2006

More Wiki

For those of you who are long time followers of this blog, you've probably noticed an overabundance of links to Wikipedia, the free online encyclopedia. That's mostly because I am also a volunteer Wikipedia editor. In my spare time I have been creating articles about the Don River. Since my last post I have added two new articles about Friends of the Don East and the Task Force to Bring Back the Don.

I created both articles. As with all Wikipedia content anyone is free to add or change the content. This is both a strength and a weakness. The advantage is that many contributors can add to each article creating a better piece of text. The disadvantage is that a malicious person can vandalize the text. Overall I think the pluses outweigh the minuses.

Read the articles yourself, and if you so desire you can add to them or change them (I tried to be accurate, but there could be something I got wrong or omitted). However, be warned - I've placed a watch on both articles so I'll know when something has changed.

No comments: